It’s been a while since I’ve had the time to write a blog post and this is far overdue. We very quietly released uComponents v2.0 Preview on Oct 16th (which you can find here: http://ucomponents.codeplex.com/releases/view/54016 ) and soon we’ll be releasing v2.0 Beta! Since I really don’t have much time to write this post, I’ll keep it very brief. Here’s what you can expect from v2.0:
- Umbraco ‘Shortcuts’
- Keyboard navigation in the tree
- Keyboard navigation between applications
- Drag/Drop everywhere
- Ability to drag and drop nodes from the main content tree to media/content pickers, from content trees to Multi-node tree picker, etc.... Pretty much allows you to drag and drop nodes to nearly anywhere where you think it's relavent.
- New data types:
- Plenty more XSLT extensions for your enjoyment
- Some bugs fixed… turns out there hasn’t been too many since v1.0… that’s great news!!
- And hopefully i can get to a few of the user’s requests for additions to Multi Node Tree Picker such as XPath selectors from current node, or from entire tree, etc…
We’ll keep everyone informed once the beta is out. It shouldn’t be too much longer and we won’t be keeping this release quiet like the preview!